Friday, 9 March 2012

The Fallen~Sparrow~Hawk; A real and Virtual Cattle Market

A Real and Virtual Cattle Market. March 31. Easter Sunday
I went to Cloe’s, the herbalist, the day before last and collected some of her herbal potion for asthma. It has Thyme and labelia and elecampangne in 40% alcohol. It is fantastic and instantly appeased my asthma. Cloe also gave Maddy some remedy for external vaginal tearing after the birth.
I had stir fry at Boggy’. He is cute and Pisces/dog, right up my alley. Vicky and Boggy are both Dogs. His children are cute and the youngest, Beadie must be two or three but her use of language is incredible, very articulate indeed.
I got on Gaydar and managed to pin-point gays in Dumfries. Two were year of the Dog, 19, and one was Taurean and another bi-guy, 26, Sagittarius, tiger or cat. The Sagittarian, Andy, left a message and I emailed a more extensive profile of myself. One guy from Ayrshire sent me a message.’ Come over now’, with a dodgy picture. I don’t know, with spring having sprung a shag wouldn’t go amiss. I’ll check out the Dumfries lad, Andy, who sounds eminently up for it.
I am reading the biography of a local writer Gavin Maxwell author of A Ring of Bright Water and of the powerful Maxwells of Monreith. There is a funny quote;
All this too, was part of the man’s contradictory and complex nature, for the knight errant, who pursued a beautiful vision of unattainable freedom and beauty also suffered from nostalgie de la boue’.
I would like to visit Monreith House still. At Boggy’s I read a book of Cloe’s, a collection of short stories of Galloway. Sawney Bean and his cannibalistic cave-dwelling family along the Ayrshire coast, the covenant martyrs drowned tied to a stake in the sea. I must borrow it. Vicky says there is a crest on the Galloway road depicting a slave in shackles. I’ll have to investigate. I’d like to go to The Portwilliam Pub to investigate the Jolly’s as they own it.
I would like to incorporate the Isle of Whithorn digs. Irma said she became quite possessive over the body she found, sneaking out at night to scrupulously brush the dirt away with a toothbrush. I don’t know what I’ll do with the info. I don’t want anything trite. It doesn’t have to be a murder mystery; the life of the Jolly character will do, unless I stumble upon a secret.
The rumour of a painting hidden away in a locked room made me curious. Also the mystery that the young blackamoor slave may have been flogged to death by his master was of great interest; though both of these rumours are as yet unproved.

In Newton Stewart I was tempted to enter the cattle market but unfortunately it was closing. It was about five o’clock and most of the farmers were in the pubs across the road; which reminds me of Gaydar. Gaydar, the social networking site for gay men, seems to have a stratospheric hierarchical categorisation system. When I tried Quick – Search - Bi-Guys, I got a list of those available in Scotland-rest, but when I clicked on one I was told I would have to join as a ‘Gold Member’, which my friend Alan tells me is a fee-paying customer. How and why these bi-sexual guys are herded into a pen of elite heifers, I don’t know. It was the same with a ‘Business Men’ and a ‘Professionals’; when I tried to access one I got the same curt reply. How they, at Gaydar, decide the pecking order is beyond me. Maybe having a job gains one points. There is a ‘Platinum Membership’ which obviously houses within its hallowed lists British aristocracy and members of parliament. One can obviously ask to be Gold or Platinum member and thus benefit from a triage of the rabble. Pedigree on Gaydar; it’s like the levels on the Titanic. I must explore this virtual cattle market which has gone très Animal Farm, ONE JOB GOOD, NO JOB BAD’.  Is normal membership the equivalent of steerage, a virtual sticky carpeted rusty hold where blow-jobs and loos cohabit in a swill of beer and vomit and where  un-Happy Hour never ceases? And the fee-paying look down on the plagued and palsied below? Probably. Must check my E-Mail.
The Queen Mother died yesterday. 101 years old?!

No comments:

Post a Comment