Four Seasons in One
Day April 26 2002
The wind blusters around the caravan this morning and the
wind turbine howls
healthily. Vans have turned the car park into a chaotic
drive-in. we have new arrivals
in the form of Andy and his two sons Ryan and Kean. Jeff
left with Alison for
nightfall with her purchase from the auction at Talamh. And
there is Stuart’s van.
I have become close to Stuart since his arrival several days
ago. First of all, it was
the relief to have another man to hang out with, though this man had a very real
side, a messed up, boisterous and a no-nonsense-get-on-and-do-things side; an absolute enthusiasm for other people and life. He has an avid curiosity for local history and has begun reading my library book, Highways and byways in Galloway and Carrick to me. I stopped him every now and
the relief to have another man to hang out with, though this man had a very real
side, a messed up, boisterous and a no-nonsense-get-on-and-do-things side; an absolute enthusiasm for other people and life. He has an avid curiosity for local history and has begun reading my library book, Highways and byways in Galloway and Carrick to me. I stopped him every now and
again to ask questions. He’s read to me a couple of times,
once in my caravan.
He is not gay having three daughters with three different
women. He is a sensitive
soul and is having a hard time with the mother of his
daughters. There is
love, but it sounds a very destructive relationship
involving violence. I can see how
drink might turn Stewart belligerent and add to his innate
bullish nature.
Capricorn gets on with his Taurus sign, and Tiger, which I
am, gets on with Horse.
It was Stuart who persuaded me not to high-tail it back to London . Taken to the
brink
by the return of Jeff, the Dagda, aka Kurtz/Quixote and his
tyrannical ways, (which he
hasn’t lost), I had the notion I would find emotional solace
down south. Stuart simply
said, “If I was gay, I think it would be ideal for you”.
This was in a pub in Wigton
with hours to go before I was due to step on a bus bound for
London .
I admitted it was what I needed at theDoon ,
companionship and there and
I admitted it was what I needed at the
then, we established our friendship when Suggs’ It Must be
Love, Love, Love came on
the duke box. We said it would be better without the sexual
side and agreed deep
friendship and agreed that sexual, emotional involvement
only spoiled things.
The leaves are beginning to fall unfurl. Brett has been
digging up new potato patches;
the seeds in their trays have sprouted seedlings. The slash
and burn fires have ceased,
and since my arrival we have acquired four hens, one cockerel
and a pot-bellied pig.
children are in abundance; Jack and Evey have playmates in
Kean and Ryan and
Jeff’s daughter Ishtar. Damnait and Jeff’s boy pushes
wheeled toys, and Ruby, Alison
and Brett’s youngest, grinds her four teeth together in her
carry chair.
No comments:
Post a Comment